Thursday, May 29, 2014

Film Manipulation

This project was so much fun for me:

I once again had the sense of accomplishment from a film project when we watched the finished one minute clip on the projection screen.
I had never used celluloid film before this--and playing around with it was so interesting! The dark room was hard to navigate at times and this was really a trial run for me to figure out what kinds of things would work and what kind of things wouldn't.
I used to be a studio art major, so the painting on the film was more my element, as well as drawing on it. That was so cool! I never realized how much time it took of drawing nearly the same thing over and over again on several feet of film to get only a few seconds of animated images. But the effect at the end was rewarding for me.

This is relevant because we understand the history of film and what changes had to occur for the film industry to get to where it is today... All of the mistakes, which turned into meaningful mistakes, which reformed the norms of filmmaking.
Also, like the media fast, it helps us appreciate how much we have to learn from others and the space available for forging our own mistakes appears limitless.
I have discovered that as a filmmaker, I would like to explore the world of animation a bit further.

No comments:

Post a Comment