Sunday, June 22, 2014

Final Thoughts

The first project of editing and splicing celluloid might have been my favorite--I got to be as craft as I wanted to be, which is a big plus for a future cat lady. I enjoyed working with a partner, but I also really enjoyed doing my own thing with it and then compiling what we each created. It was a nice blending of personalities. RATED 1

The Rhythmic Edit was pretty interesting--I was so scared to begin because I didn't think it would be quite as easy, but within a few hours I was able to get it down, although I think I did mess up a few times. I really enjoyed this one because I am passionate about rhythm and music videos to create emotions in audience members, so I would definitely want to do this again. Perhaps I will. RATED 5

The 3D Animation was so dynamic! I didn't realize how much it took to put this all together, but I'd like to learn more and have time to cultivate ideas and a passionate storyline. I can now tell why animations take so long to make. RATED 6

The Crowd Sourcing project was one of my favorites just because I got to be limited yet limitless, and really use creative collaboration, which opens my eyes to new perspectives. I like growing in my society. RATED 2

The Bolex long take should definitely be kept because it is a lesser known film tool. It would be a shame to see it hardly used. All of my peers and friends are so digitalized that this challenges and reminds us that we have a different film style already compared to many of the directors that we idolize. RATED 3

Finally, the 3D Anaglyph was difficult. We didn't consider enough of the depth of field, and I wished we had a bit more time to fully engage what we could, but some of that was also on our end for lack of understanding. RATED 4

I really enjoyed this class but I felt a bit understudied for it. I should have taken an intro to editing before this, but I hadn't, and I think it hindered the possibilities for my sound scape outcomes. I can only hope to improve these areas soon and come back to what I've learned in 6x1 with open arms and tuned-hearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment